How are ya?
It is January spend season – meaning that your thoughts would probably range from it’s Pay-day into bills-day into debt-day into hmmm-I-think-I-have-enough-to-turn-up-with to OMG-How-is-it-just-the-1st-of-the-new-month?!
For those of us who followed Sisi On A Budget’s recommendations and added one or two things from Money Matters with Nimi and Smart Money with Arese, how is the saving/investing thing going? Baby steps into giant strides!
Here’s a list of things I am interested in getting myself this January.
- A Mutual Fund – Yes. Let your money work for you in many ways. One of those ways can be a mutual fund. An alternative to your regular savings account with better interest rates – With as little as N5,000, you can start with a First Bank Money Market Fund. If you can part with N50k or more, you can try out other funds offered by Stanbic IBTC, ARM, etc. Look, a monthly commitment to increase your wealth? I am down!
Do I Need This? Yes.
Why? Erm… Alaroro not shopaholic, perhaps. Besides, I already have it. I just need to continue my commitment.
- A Beauty Subscription – Yes, switched it up real quick. From saving to spending. Yeah. You can check out these two offerings in Lagos from The Beauty Boon and Accessories NG – cost between N5,000 and N6,000.
- LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Orange Concealer – Because, @d3ola and a good number of other Beauty Bloggers have recommended it. My face of many is like a coat of many colours and sometimes, my foundation follows the coat of many colours trend and I knoooow das not right! So, after watching Deola talk about the bentefits of the Orange Concealer… I’m about to take my money and find it. Currently costs N1,100 and N1,000 at the Cosmetics Gallery (Alhaja’s Shop).
Do I Need This? Erm… Yes.
- Shoes – Please, if you ever see pictures of me in my current black pumps – Daz not my real face/leg o. I have ruined those shoes. Well, it’s not me, the roads are bad. I am tempted to just walk to any store and pick up a sturdy pair. For the Size 41s and above (like me) check out Gbemisoke Shoes, you can get a good pair for 7k. I think you can splurge a bit on shoes you might wear every other day.
Do I need it? Yes!
Why? Black pumps are the Holy grail of work wear sha. Alma talked about the importance of a good pair of court shoes here. See the picture of my unrealistic dream shoes.
- A new dress – I have this one nation dress from Eve and Tribe that I have worn the life out of. No, seriously. I think I have turned the mustard colour to something else. Still love it, it still looks good. But, I need a new one. In fact, I need a new black one. I am still wondering where to get this from. I won an Experience Zazaii N50,000 voucher from the awesome TWP! So, that will take care of this.
Do I need it? Yes
Why? Because, what is wrong with new dresses?
***one nation – worn frequently or often. Like, a default item.
Before you buy, make sure you weigh your desires on a scale of want to need. If you can only afford the needs, stick with the needs. In this Adulting life, the way expenses pop up eh? O ga. So, don’t be in a hurry to spend the money. Also, read this Book. It will help,
Save Smart, Spend Wisely.