It is still the month of love.
We are getting closer to V-Day and the pressure seems to be mounting. If you are like me, then you are probably searching for the most affordable way to give your SO an amazing Valentine! If you missed Valerie’s post on gifting according to Love Languages, you should check it out here!
If your lover’s love language is Stomachese, I am sure you know you have to fulfill that desire in a special, special way.
If you decide to dine out, here are a few tips you can use.
- Search For Deals – I am serious AF. See ehn, if you think eating at Sky Lounge is expensive and you get a 50% off deal, WON’T YOU GO? Okay. Deals will not come and find you o! Find them here.
- Read Reviews – Blessed be the people of Eat.Drink.Lagos, who have successfully provided us with honest, hilarious feedback on restaurants around town. I mean, if we had listened to them, we would not have gone to a certain place on Admiralty, on a certain Sunday afternoon, for a buffet. YUX. *side-eye Room 114 occupants*
- Merge Desires – See ehn, if you are a Seafood lover and your partner pukes at the sight of seafood… Any attempt to take said partner to a Seafood restaurant should end with you wailing your heart out on Social Media because you are a WICKED PERSON. *breathes*. Ensure that wherever you pick offers something that you both can enjoy! Don’t be Lo-ki.
- Buy to Share – If you are taking me out to eat, best believe I will order the opposite of your meal so that I can taste your own. If you are a stingykoko, stay away from me. I mean, I am the one who is never hungry but I will eat your food if you bring it. Also, if we buy to share – we can get a good platter, stuff ourselves full and order different desserts.
- Remember, there is work tomorrow – If you give me an awesome day and I find it too difficult to get up on time for work the next day, I might just hate you. Yes, my own can switch up on your own like that. ( -_-) Whatever you do, try and pick a restaurant that may not be too far from your house(s).
- ENJOY – If you are picking your partner up, be on time. If you are the picked, biko – be ready on time. Before you eat, take time to talk and relax. No quarrels, no arguments. Enjoy your time out and KEEP YOUR PHONES AWAY (after you take pictures for the ‘gram, of course).
Tomorrow, we will focus on The Alaroro’s Guide to Dining In… I mean, if you do not find a deal that suits you – you might as well stay in your house and make it grand!