Guyssss, it is almost half time. Are you ready for your Half-Year Review? We need to check up on our goals – how close are we? How far away are we? Do we need to re-evaluate and re-align?
Anyway, welcome to the month of June.
Here are 6 things to do today, to help your month sail smoothly.
- Give thanks. Write down a list of achievements in the month of May. Count your many blessings and be surprised. If you have a Prayer Wall/Notebook, take a look at the answers that came your way in the month of May – Yes, No or Just Hold on. Give thanks for them all!
- Write down your goals for the month. You know, SMART goals… Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Bound! So, write the vision, make it plain. You’re going to need to run with it.
- Check your Money-Plan. What is June looking like? Have you paid all your bills? How much do you have left? How best can you manage the funds to ensure that you do not deep out of your savings pot or go hungry before the next Pay-Day?
- If you are born in June, stand up stand up! Write down a list of friends, family, acquaintances and/or connections born in the month of June. Set reminders in your Phone Calendar. Happy Birthday greetings do not cost much or do they? Set reminders! Send Messages! If the Money Plan allows, send gifts! Celebrate the June Birthdays.
- Clear out your mailbox. No, I am not even joking. UNSUBSCRIBE from all the unnecessary junk mails. I get a headache when I see my mails jump from 0 to 100 in 6 hours. This is not work o. Subscription Mails from all these stores – 50% off this and that will give you headaches when you did not plan for the expenses.
- Plan a Self-Love day! This one is key. Working (Wo)men, how many of you have gone on leave this year? Raise ya hand. Real leave o, not the “I am available via mail/whatsapp” one. Plan a day off this month – Just you. Spa Day + Movie + Good Sleep? That one sef dey!
Bonus: For this one, you do not have to do it today. You can schedule it for the weekend, but make sure you do it. What is it? Clean out your closet – Spring Cleaning abi? You need to know what you have in that wardrobe + Make Up stash of yours. Just looking over my stuff, I can see that I need to pick up a new scent for this hot-rainy season. I can also see that I will not be buying any new lipsticks this year… I think. By taking inventory, I know what I have and what needs to go.
So, that’s that for June Day 1… Stay tuned to www.thealaroro.com, there’s more to come this month of June!
The Alaroro Shopaholic.