When my hair grows up, I want it to look like this…
Exactly a month ago, Shea Moisture had a launch in Nigeria and I went there to get hair products to solve my hair issues. A little bit of background about my hair…
I have natural hair – I have maintained a Teeny Weeny Afro for a couple of months. I go for a trim every two weeks, because I do not think I can handle having my hair grow longer. Why? My hair is TOUGH AF! No jokes. My hair is hard.
So, at the event I got a personal consultation and went on to buy 3 products in the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil range.
- Strengthen, Grow and Restore Shampoo
- Strenghten, Grow and Restore Treatment Masque
- Strenghten, Grow and Restore Leave in Conditioner
It has been one month since I started using these products and I have to admit that my hair is waaaaaaay softer than it used to be.
How do I use these Products?
- Masque all over hair + cover with a shower cap + sleep + wake up and wash with water + Leave in Conditioner (every 3 days or tbh, when i remember)
- Shampoo hair, rinse off + Leave in Conditioner (weekly)
- Wet my hair + apply Leave in Conditioner (daily)
Shea Moisture products are not cheap. Everything up there cost me approx N14,000 and that is even at 20% off the original price. The good thing about it is that I know I will get nothing less than 3 months from each product even with constant use. Maybe by then, I will have developed a special recipe of affordable, organic mixes for my hair. Till then, hairvestment on fleek!
My hair is softer and so much better to touch and comb. Next step, find how to style this TWA without breaking corporate rules…
Any tips for me?