Remember that shopping voucher I won from TWP at the beginning of the year? Yeah. Today’s post is about this very lovely Things Nigerians Love black dress that I got at Zazaii!
Being able to live my shopaholic desires for free is fun, but it can be overwhelming. When I stepped into the Zazaii store with Steph a.k.a the Metrogypsie (Blog, YouTube), I was overwhelmed. WHAT. WILL. I. CHOOSE?
I had earlier planned to stick with items that could easily switch from work to play without stress. I mean, my career takes 70% of my time and it is essential that I dress myself accordingly.
When I saw this dress, I was attracted to it. Invisible zip, no slit. These are the little things that matter. I tried it and it fit like skin tight.
An LBD is the most versatile piece of clothing you will ever own. This particular one mixes the midi and lace trends to give a perfect combination for my entire clothing life.
- To work? Pair it with a blazer and pull up the straps.
- Night out with the girls? Drop the straps to make it more risque and up pair it with mad mad heels. Don’t forget to stack ’em bracelets up!
- Lunch with the fam? Add heels and a wrap.
- To a wedding? I’m totes sure you can rock this with a gele. Ahmean, lace is lace, innit?
- Just for the heck of it, like I did? Pair it with black sneakers! Add a pretty jewelry piece (which I also got from Zazaii) and bae’s Denim Shirt to ward off the cold.
This dress retails for about N9k. I totally understand why a full fledged alaroro would balk at that price, but I think it is worth the investment. If you’re building a minimalist wardrobe, finding key quality pieces like this will help. I assure you. My inner alaroro celebrates the fact that I got this dress for free and thank you to Adaku, the Third World Profashional for the giveaway!
To showcase the versatility of this dress, I should try a 5 Ways to Wear This post soon.
Anyways, go forth and find your perfect LBD.
Bonus: I love love this VSCO edit of my headshot that day. Looking like a blackandwhitegoddess!
Fringe Purse: Thrift Find (N100) | Denim Shirt: Bae’s
Black Sneakers: Roadside (N1000)