10 9 days to my birthday and I am super-duper excited – also scared because I thought I’d be Forever Young!
This year has been an EXPERIENCE, and I have so much to be thankful for.
Today is the 1st anniversary of The Alaroro Shopaholic blog. This time last year, I put up my first blogpost! Click here to read it! Happy Birthday to my baby-blog. My prayer for you is found in Luke 2:52 – Grow in wisdom and in stature! I’ll put up another post, where I’ll be taking stock of this year next week + a giveaway!
Anyway, I decided to share my wishlist with you guys just in case you want to send me a gift or two.
- Black Pumps – Seriously! I have one pair of Black Pumps that I bought in 2013. If these shoes come back to life, they will run away from me. These shoes have been to interviews, met dignitaries, turned up, gone to church… Everything. Save them and get me a new pair! Size 42.
- A Wristwatch – I really want a new wristwatch, particularly something like this MVMT watch in black. Alternatives to this must be minimalist – 1 colour all through.
- Silver Sandals – LOL. I’m a bride-to-be, please. What other reason do you need? Size 42
- Fragrance – So, I want to try new fragrances! I am currently loving Lancome’s LA Vie est Belle, but I’d love to try the Hugo Boss – Boss the Scent for Her and Viktor and Rolf’s Flowerbomb!
- Flat Black Shoes – Other colours are welcome too, but let’s work with classy! Black Flats are the holy grail for comfort. Add fancy detailing and voila! You can be comfortable and stylish, all at once. Size 42, as always.
- Frames – I wear prescription glasses, but I do not believe they have to be boring. I plan to switch to contacts soon, so you can buy those fat and fancy (almost gaudy) Instagram Baddie frames and I’ll be able to rock ’em without paying for lenses. P.S. lenses are really cheap in Balogun, in fact I have reason to believe that many of our fancy eye clinics send their jobs to Balogun and charge us exorbitant prices! You can even get your photochromic and anti-glare lenses there. Dull not.
- African Literature – This is a sub, catch your sub. I don’t have a lot of physical books anymore and this makes me sad. Will I give my children e-books as an inheritance? I want more books. Fiction, African Fiction. I want to know if the stories told are as colourful as our experiences. Hi Raihannah.
- Bags – Particularly, structured bags. Black, Burgundy, Navy Blue. The power of a good bag cannot be overemphasised. Big enough to carry a 10″ laptop and smart enough to look sexy!
- A Staycation – My birthday is on a Friday and going to crash in a beautiful and comfortable hotel room till Sunday (or Monday sef) could be the best gift. I need that rest.
- Arm Candy – Beautiful bracelets like this one from Pandora or any other. Silver, Rose Gold, Gold or even Black. Stacks on stacks on stacks.
- Ego. Kudi. Owo. Argent. Dinheiro. Money 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
- Peace. Wisdom. Growth. – This one is a request from my heart. God knows.
So, there’s your guide for my Birthday and Christmas gifts.
Also, if you want to wish me happy birthday on Social Media, record a video! Instead of putting up pictures of me, I’d like if you guys could record a video of you sending me sweet wishes! <3
Can you tell that I am really excited?! Super Stoked!