Ho Ho Ho!
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, but it is easy to forget or deny… The cost of giving gifts, the absence of loved ones, the Nigerian economic situations, sad memories, e.t.c
A good way to really get into the Christmas is to GIVE! Yes! Give of your time, your money and other treasures.
My favourite thing to do during the Christmas break is to binge on movies. Turn off the lights. AC on high. Just watch movies. This year, I started a little early because I discovered a whole new world of Hallmark Christmas movies on YouTube.
Anyway, here’s a list of 25 Christmas movies you must watch.
- Home Alone 3 – Enough of Macaulay Culkin for a minute and meet this kid who got a Christmas present and kasala wants to burst because these terrorists picked the wrong toy. Roger Ebert thought this was refreshing and I totally agree with him.
- Home Alone 1 and 2 – Because, if you’re alone this Christmas you need to spend some time with Macaulay Culkin!
- Miracle On 34th Street – Kris Kringle and Matilda-girl. Kris is trying to make Doris’ belief in Santa Claus but make her young daughter’s wishes come true, all while trying to prove his identity in a court of law.
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas – A bitter Grinch who comes to the realization that Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more” than just presents and feasting.
- Finding Father Christmas – Miranda wants to know who her dad is. Ian is helping her out. A + B means this is her dad. She is falling in love with Ian. Will she tell the truth or leave?
- A Wish For Christmas – Don’t limit yourself. Don’t let anyone take advantage of you at work. Watch Santa help Sara Shaw prove herself and take her place in 48 hours or less!
- Gremlins – “Don’t expose him to bright light. Don’t ever get him wet. And don’t ever, ever feed him after midnight.” – Remember those lines? – People that do not listen to instructions deserve whatever they get.
- Love Actually – Every awkward love story you have ever heard of is brought together in this film.
- Jingle All The Way – Small gift o. Ordinaray gift o. Two grown men want to beat each other. This is why you should always prep for Christmas way ahead of time.
- An Arthur Christmas – How does Santa deliver all those presents in one night? Appaz, Santa is a high-tech guy! Watch this movie and follow Arthur on his journey to save Christmas.
- Elf – Buddy was accidentally taken to the North Pole as a kid and was raised by Santa’s elves. Unable to shake the feeling that he doesn’t fit in, the adult Buddy travels to New York, in full elf uniform, in search of his real father. As it happens, this is Walter Hobbs (James Caan), a cynical businessman. After a DNA test proves this, Walter reluctantly attempts to start a relationship with the childlike Buddy with increasingly chaotic results
- Last Holiday – Queen Latifah liquidates her assets and goes on a holiday of a lifetime because she’s been told that she has a few weeks to live. Side Note: I want to live life to the fullest like that. Everyday.
- A Christmas Kiss (YouTube) – Why would you kiss a stranger in an elevator because Mistletoe? Oyinbo people do the most and then fall in love. Hmph. He is however her billionaire boss’s brothers… Well, her billionaire boss too.
- A Royal Christmas (YouTube): Would you forgive and believe that a Prince was not just slumming when he lied about his identity for over A YEAR? Watch her forgive and go with him to meet his mom – who hates her btw.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – Yes ASLAN! For all the right reasons and more. CS Lewis
- The Nightmare Before Christmas– One of the coolest animated musicals ever.
- Miracle on 34th Street (The Oldie) – Kris Kringle all over again, but this time the original tearjerker.
- Serendipity – This woman refused to let the magic of Christmas blind her to believing in love at first sight. Smart Woman. However, stupid way of exchanging numbers *rme*
- A Very Murray Christmas
- My Christmas Love – Who does not want anonymous 12 days of Christmas gifts? This lovelorn sister is trying to find out who might be sending her gifts and if he is worth building a future with.
- Christmas Cookies (Hallmark) – This babe was sent by her company to go and buy out a small-town Cookie factory owned by a woman who died and handed it over to her nephew. Nephew guy can’t afford to manage the costs, so he has to sell.
- Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas – Ayeeee. We are back at the enchanted castle to meet the crazzzzzzy Grand Piano guy who is trying to ruin Christmas. Belle must have her way and Angelique is the cutest thing everrrrrr. One of my fav Christmas songs ever is in this movie…“As long as there’s Christmas, I truly believe that hope is the greatest of the gifts we’ll receive”
- Polar Express: Swear Silverbird Cinemas ran this ad forever! A young boy goes on a Magical train ride that will change his life.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol – Awon Kermit fans. This is a beautiful movie that you will absolutely enjoy. Not every time Inner Kermit.
- The Perfect Git – Because, what is Christmas without Jesus?
25. The Nativity Story – What is Christmas without a willing young woman and a forgiving Carpenter?