You might be wondering why we started these series with Roles, instead of defining ourselves first. Well, a lot of us are defined by the roles we play and instead of us getting all tangled up and confused about roles and who we really are, we decided to kill the roles first. If you haven’t done the first exercise, CLICK HERE now!
Now, this next exercise builds off of the Wheel of Life concept where we look at all the areas of our lives to see if we are “balanced”. Now, the question is, does anyone ever attain full balance in all areas of their lives? You tell me after you take this exercise.
Remember your notebook?! lets get back to it!
Answer the below questions as honestly as you possibly can. Let’s play ten-ten.
If you answered yes to all these questions, you are indeed blessed!
– How’s your health? Physical and Mental?
– Do you move well without getting tired?
– Do you have bouts of sadness that often lead to depression?
– Do you eat well?
– If you go to the market, what is your go-to snack?
– Do you keep in touch with your family/How often do you have conversations with your family?
– Does your family support you?
– Do you support your family?
– Do you have a squad or are you a member of many squads?
– Do you spend enough time with your friends? Physically or Virtually (Online Calls, Messaging e.t.c)
– Are your friends improving your lifestyle?
– Are you positively influencing your friends?
– Do you have fun?
– If yes, what are the activities you consider fun?
– Are these activities healthy for your wallet, your mental well-being, your relationships?
– Do you feel safe where you live/spend your time?
– Do you give back to the society?
– Do you have faith in your government?
– Do you believe in love and are you currently loving someone?
– Is this love healthy for your wallet, your mental well-being, your other relationships?
– If yes, do you nurture your partner and your relationship?
H. Money Money Money
– What do you own? Can what you own sustain all the other categories listed here?
– What do you owe?
– If money was no issue, what would you be doing?
– What does financial freedom mean to you?
– Are you planning for financial freedom?
I. My Growth
– Am I growing?
– Are you learning new things?
– Write 2 new things you have learned recently
– Do you believe in God?
– Is there a disconnect between what you believe and how you act?
– Are you confused about spirituality, God and Life?
I want to believe you have answered all these questions as honestly as you can, because part 2 of this exercise requires the honesty of these answers to help you define solutions.
Part 2: Can I Do Something About Everything I Said above?
So, walk back and answer this question
“What can I do better?” for all the categories listed there
– Do you like/enjoy what you do?
No, not really
– Does it fit into the grand plan?
I don’t believe any knowledge is lost, but I am not sure
– Is it rewarding?
– Can you grow in it?
Maybe, I don’t know
What can I do differently here?
– I need to write out the grand plan for my career and see how this job fits
– If it does not fit, what fits?
– This can fit
– Update my CV and start searching for other opportunities
N.B. I want to point out here that I am one of those people who believe no knowledge is lost. Over 5 years, I have worked in Advertising (Account Management/Business Development), eCommerce (Customer Care and Offline Marketing), Energy (Change Management) and now all the things I learned in each role + crap pay has brought me here. This is not the end, I know it gets better.
The entire point of this exercise is to find out where you are and what you can do better, Before your very eyes, your goals are forming. By the next stage, we should be formalising our goals and building our support systems. Are you ready?
P.S On what to do differently about Money, these posts can definitely help you.
Have a beautiful Sunday and get ready for the next installment in this series! You can subscribe here: http://thealaroro.com/subscribe, so you do not miss out on the next goodie!
Love and Light,