How are you doing?
Guess what’s happening on Sunday? It’s Mother’s Day… Again!
Another reason to celebrate the awesome women in our lives who have showered us with love from the moment they met us. My mama is spectacular, obvs! She’s beautiful, speaks multiple languages, sings songs to Her Maker, loves to read and talk about Jesus. She is a great gift to me, as I am to her *huge grin*
If you are blessed to have a woman in your life who functions in the position of Mother, it’s a good time to celebrate her. (Please, move aside if you are one of those celebrate them everyday people. Yes, we do that! When the world is celebrating theirs, we will celebrate ours too! Hmph!) Well, let’s dive straight into the 5 affordable and thoughtful ways to show your mama you lover her:
- Spend time with your mum – Actual time – Have a real, honest conversation with your Mother – Have you ever had a real, honest conversation with your mom? As per, sit down and enjoy her time. Bake with her. Play Chess with her. Play tennis with her. Read with her. Whatever she loves to do, do it with her. Turn off your e-mails and social media and just enjoy the presence of your mother. If this is difficult for you, I am so sorry. There’s nothing as precious as time spent n love. Especially in this season of hustle…
- Make your mom a special dinner or treat her to one if you can afford it! – Honestly, for us busy people who do not have time to share meals with our family members, one thing you can do is to tell her you will be around for dinner. Or, show up and prepare dinner.
- Tell her! – How about Words of Affirmation for your mum? Did you watch the Bailey’s campaign for the last Mother’s Day with Andhii? You should. It’s hard for us to say the words sometimes, but you can do something special. Write a letter to her. Record a voicenote or a short video. Dust the cobwebs along the corridors of Facebook and declare your love for her on her Facebook wall. Say it loud, say it proud – Mama, I love you. Here’s the video from Bailey’s… Enjoy!
- Look for an old picture of you and your mom and frame it – Easy DIY? replace the picture in an existing frame with this picture. A wonderful gift of a shared memory is something that’s not easy to beat! Another gift recommendation is Cash – just because. If you are able to bless your mum with the gift of cash, please do it. Even if it is N1000 – look, my mum has prayed for me because I gave her N1k once. Serious heavy prayers, fam. Nothing is too small, but make it special. Get mint notes. Put it in an envelope and address it appropriately. If you are looking to get a gift, plix try to avoid household items except it’s something she really wants!
- Give your mum a mani-pedi treatment at home! – “Welcome to my home spa, mama. What would you like to have? A mani, A pedi or both?” *huge grin* If your mum is comfortable with Physical Touch, read up on how to give a mani, pedi or both. Watch YouTube videos! Use what you have to celebrate her. Ensure she gets a fresh coat of polish if she’s down for that.
If your mom is no longer here with us on earth and you have experienced love and kindness like that of a mother from anyone else, celebrate that person. Love is a beautiful thing and if someone has loved you well, you should reward that person in the way that she will appreciate.
P.S. You can start these activities with your kids and help them understand that Mother’s Day is a sweet celebration to declare your love for your Mom(s) privately and publicly.
So, there you have it folks… What are you doing with your mum this special day? Share this with me and other readers <3.
Love and Light,