How’s it going?
You know how it’s getting closer to pay day and your mind starts wandering between Money Plans (a.k.a Budgets), Responsibilities and Wishlists? Yeah. Yeah. Well, I WANT WHAT I WANT!
Well, there are a few things I want to get this month and they are all makeup items. So, on a good day my inner alaroro would have cut me down like “No BUYING!”, but that can’t happen because I have no makeup anymore. I left the house to get married and came back to an empty makeup collection. *sigh*
Honestly, this is what I really really really want, The Makeup Revolution Storage Chest 2016 *sigh* – It is so big and so yummy and so perfect! It is a 12 Drawers storage chest contains: 1x 9 piece brush set, 1x Ultimate Favourites, 1x duo sculpt, 1x HD Pro strobe, 1x Pro blend sponge, 1x Ultra Contour palette, 1x Peach lights highlighter, 1x Ultra face base primer, 1x Trio lipstick Amplification nude, 1x Brow kit & 1x Trio lipstick Amplification ultra Vamp. All this goodness for £50. I think it is a great investment. Totally worth it. Buying these products individually might cost about NGN 60,ooo – because Naij and markups. To get this baby, you can order from here. They ship to Nigeria and it takes about 20 days. Eek! I guess it is worth the wait.
If I don’t get this big bad baby (and ban myself from makeup purchases for the rest of the year)… these are the five things I want:
- An Eyeshadow Palette – So Nuban Beauty launched 2 new palettes and I was like oooh nice, then I saw the prices and I was like nooooo. NGN 13, 500 is not what a beginner should be spending on eyeshadow. I have not decided what to get yet and honestly, I can’t seem to think of an affordable palette that has the colours and textures that I want. The closest so far is the original Nuban Beauty palette which costs NGN 9000. To Buy or Not to Buy?
- Foundation – I need a new foundation. Preferably something that is light weight with good coverage. The best foundation I have ever used is the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Lasting Foundation. I keep telling myself that I will buy it someday (the first was a gift), but I just can’t. It currently retails for about NGN 14,000. Hol’up! No! My fav makeup artist ever Honeydrops Faces (yes, she did my wedding makeup and it was her first time) used Revlon ColorStay Foundation on me for the wedding. It retails for about NGN 6,000 – NGN 6,500 here and here.
- Face Brushes: I used to have an Elf set of brushes and don’t ask me where they are. Abeg! I can’t afford to buy another one of those (it’s above 10k), but I do want brushes for foundation, contour and highlight. Maybe a brush for applying and blending eyeshadows too. Okay, a lip brush as well. Did I mention a contour brush? Ah. Shucks! I want this Pink/Rose Gold set from BH Cosmetics, yeah… It costs about NGN 12,000 HERE
- Bomb Eyeliner (Pen, preferably): So, my wing game is non-existent. However, I want to learn. I’ve tried the regular eyeliners and I always end up like Brother Tarzan:Well, I believe the tools matter and I am hoping that this big bad black baby should help me out with my eyeliner troubles. It retails for NGN 2,700 here – I hope it works.
- Contour Palette + Highlighter: Honeydrops Faces bae, again, used the Zaron XD Face Definer alongside other palettes. I liked this one though, the highlighter is something I can work with. It retails for NGN 4,250 wherever Zaron products are sold.The total cost of this Haul (if I haul it) will be NGN 34,450 (*insert Husband Guy’s laughter as he read this*). Compare it to the big box of makeup for GBP 50 + shipping GBP 20, which will be roughly about NGN 35,000. If you were me, which would you buy?
Vote in the comment’s section, to buy or not to buy – The Makeup Revolution Storage Chest 2016 or the Wishlist of 5 Makeup items?