How’s it going?
It’s Saturday morning and it is dry. I am so thankful for this, because this time last week we couldn’t even see our street. Island Problems? Global Warming? or Bad Planning?
One of the things I was so sure I wanted was a floral crown for my court wedding. I already had the dress and the shoes were a gift from The Shoe Shop Nig two years ago. The only thing new was going to be my floral crown and I was going to do it myself! It’s a Saturday Short post combined with Learn Something New and I hope my directions are easy and clear enough for you to DIY!
Well, if you have market runs today, maybe you can pick up the tools you need for this DIY:
- A plain Alice Band NGN 100 – depends on what colour you want. I went with black – closest colour to my hair.
- 6 White roses with stalks – I got mine for NGN 75 each in Lagos Market in February.
- Total Spend = NGN 500
- Take one rose and wrap the stalk firmly around the Alice Band
- Repeat this step until all the stalks are firmly secured
- Move the roses closer to each other and ensure that the petals are touching, giving it that bunched bouquet look
- and Voila! You’re a flower-power princess!
Do let me know if you try this! I know there are other alternatives like cutting the stalks and gluing the rosettes to an Alice Band or sewing them on a stretchy band, but this was easier and less stressful for me.
Have a beautiful Saturday.
Love and Light,