Yesterday made it exactly 3 months since my last post here! I have missed my zone and you all! Happy to say – The Alaroro is
Hello, Hello, Happy New Year.
I am very to be back here and I recognize the huge huge huge achievement this is for me. Story time? Soon! To kick off the year on TheAlaroro Blog, I decided to borrow this list of awards from Neil Hughes as shared on my new fav website: PuttyLike!
Before we dive into 2018 – this is a fun recap of my 2017 and I hope you enjoy it. Tell me, tell me. Pick one, five or ten awards and share your answers with me in the Comment Section.
- Most Improved Friend – Hahaha. I grew close to OO and AI this year (hey girls!). Our relationship got stronger in trials and I hope we last forever and ever.
- Best Memory – Our Wedding
DayDays, lol! March 2 and April 1!
- Most Exciting Moment – The first night in our home – we slept on the cold, bare floor (lmao), but it was worth it!
- Most Frightening/Worst Moment – During our honeymoon, we went to check out the new place and it was not ready! I cried.
- Saddest day of the Year – ahhh. Locking that up.
- Quote of the Year – “Baby girl, don’t kill yourself” LMAO. Just kidding! A verse of the bible was my fav last year (and has been my fave since My Mama introduced me to MrDonutMan)
- Family of the Year – The 114s. You guys made wedding year easy. Our folks – what would we do without you guys?
- Place of the Year – The Water. I hadn’t been near the water in so long! I made up for it towards the end of the year!
- Song/Film/Game of the Year– Song of the Year? Unlimited God – Olumide Iyun.
- The 100% Love Award – Valerie. It is the little things!
- Best Virtual Person – anafricandiva! Not for long though! Guess what, I met here before this post went up. After 4 years!
- Most Significant Blunder – Omg. Can’t say that. I learned to do things the right way and avoid shortcuts.
- Greatest Life Lesson – You will drown in this if you try to force your way out. Be still.
- Accomplishments List –
- I learned to drive!
- I bought my first car!
- I hit my savings and investments goal.
- I joined a church – finally!
- I completed the first leg of the Discipleship Training Institute at my church
- I let shit go!
- Started the journey to 2 Professional certifications. Got one!
- To Work On Next Year
- My Mental Health – The anxiety diagnosis went into my file last year. We’re kicking it out.
- My Fitness
- My Career
- Theme for 2018 – Re-establishment.
*Whew* There you have it! All the fun things that happened in 2017 and so much more! I hope you’ll share your 2017 with me in the comments below.
Looking forward to a fruitful and fulfilling 2018. From me and mine,