Tomorrow is Valentine’s day! Are you ready?
Two, to tell you that there is a Red Lippie for you out there, just keep searching. lol.
So, I asked a question on Twitter and I got a few responses:
Can you tell me what your favourite red lipstick is? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.❤️
— TheAlaroroShopaholic (@SisiSugar) February 7, 2017
and I got the following responses…
@SisiSugar Ruby Woo definitely
— Coco Ché (@Anee_Uche) February 7, 2017
@SisiSugar box by illamasqua. Basically a Ruby woo that goes on easier.
— Baldilocks (@t3niola) February 7, 2017
So many different options!
I want to share one of my fav Matte Lipstains from last year, that served me really well! It is the Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquer in RML 09 Ruby.
Yesss, I am cheesy enough to take my photos wearing it in front of a Red Wall. Az pa, falantine babe.
Let me know what your fav red lippie is in the comments below. Also, how are you spending Valentine’s day this year?
Happy Red Day in advance.
Love and Light,
Compliments of the season to you and you and you. What did you get up to this Christmas? I did not attend any carol service per se, but I went to church on Christmas Day and we sang carols.
On the 26th of December, I woke up and the world was freezing and dusty and hella dry and it hit me… the Harmattan we thought was hit by the recession was here. Oh, this was also the day of my introduction, so Congratulations to me and mine! A huge komkom of thanks to our family for showing up and supporting us.
Okay. So, back to today’s discussion. The regular characteristics of this season – dry lips, injuries that hurt like hell and do not heal (fam), here’s a list of things you can do to help out this season!
- Drink Water – You should be drinking at least 6 pure water sachets a day. Least o. If you have a big 2 litre jug, fill it up and keep it where you can see it. Challenge yourself to drink up to 3 litres of water a day, you can do it! Click the image to read | 6 Reasons To Drink More Water
- Eat Water – For some people, drinking water can be stressful in the beginning. That’s fine and normal, but you do need water. So, what is the alternative? Eat water. Do you know the foods that have high water content? Watermelon (Obvs) – Cucumber – Tomatoes – Apples – Pineapples – Baby Carrots. You can eat your water and have it!
- VitaminUp! Particularly Vitamin C – You need to boost your immunity, fam! This weather does not play – sharing the flu like party pack and you don’t want that party pack. You gotta reject it. Back to sender. A lot of the fruits above have Vitamin C, but you can prep your eggs with a lot of Tatashe and Green Pepper to get that boost. Dark leafy greens also have vitamin C, so get your vegetable smoothies and soups on!
- Move More – It feels like my bones are dying just sitting at work or just being cuddled up in bed. You need to move it move it! Walk more. Use the stairs. Stretch! Stretch!! Stretch!!! Click King Julien to get a list of stretches you can do at your desk!
- MOISTURISE – No matter who you are, you need to rub oil on your body fam. I mean, you don’t want to go around looking like this guy… Moisturisers to get you through this trying time include: Coconut Oil, Hairfilliation Ori-Coco Whipped Body Butter and Abebi Organics Palm Kernel Body Mix. Right now, my end-of-day routine includes wiping my makeup off with Baby Wipes and Coconut Oil and washing my face with Black Soap. After my bath, I do not dry my body o. That’s when I slather my whole body with Coconut Oil. Head – To – Toe. Fam. Coconut Oil is THE best. Closely followed by Shea Butter. Rub everywhere. Mrs. O says you should wear socks after oiling your feet (you can also use vaseline) to protect your heels from cracking. After your bath in the morning, moisturise! When you wash your hands at work, moisturise. For my hair, I have a mix of Glycerin + Water + Coconut Oil that gives my hair the moisture it needs! Moisturise your lips too! You can moisturise your lips with Shea butter and coconut oil, or just purchase a handy lip balm like this:
You need to protect yourself. Take care of your insides, your skin, your hair. You can still look flawless in the Harmattan season. Just make sure you are well oiled and the weather will do the rest!
Do you know that the words in Purple are links to awesome content that you will enjoy?
Live, Laugh and Love.
Long time, no blogpost.
I pulled my head out of the waters to update you on what’s been going on!
On the 3rd of December, I attended the Luxury Beauty Brunch hosted by Tayo Afolabi of World PR Media at the Mystiquee Perfumery in Lekki 1.
I was late (as usual!), but it did not stop me from enjoying the few minutes I spent there. I arrived just in time to listen to Temitope Omai, Vienne Odofin Daniel and Solange Boccovi speak. 3 out of 5 is good, right? Yay me!
Temitope Omai, the founder of Mystique Bespoke Perfumery, introduced us to the world of scents. Quick quiz, how many types and categories of fragrances do we have? Do a quick study and improve your perfume buying skills!
Vienne Odofin Daniel talked to us about the importance of strategy for Fragrance brands. The one key thing I learned? Guerlain is NOT pronounced ‘gwehlein’. Imagine that?! Do you know the correct pronunciation? Also, learn to say NO. Sometimes, it takes boldness to create campaigns like BOSS, the Scent for Her.
Brand Manager of Ghandour Cosmetics, Solange Boccovi introduced the “Scent of Africa” perfume and even gave us the opportunity to experience 5 of the raw materials that made up the beautiful scent. She further went on to describe the perfume as a blend of sophistication and elegance that pays homage to Africa and celebrates the rich identity of the African Woman. Discovered something called Ylang Ylang here… coolest!
There was wine served by Dominio Del Rey and there was cake by iBakeSignatures…
I had a great great great time! and I can’t wait for the next Luxury Beauty Brunch.
Hellooooo and welcome back to The Alaroro – A blog dedicated to helping you Afford Your Life and Lifestyle as a Nigerian Woman. Today, we’re talking Beauty and Skincare and I’ll be reviewing a product I got recently. Sit tight and enjoy…
You know how they say you can use coconut oil for everything? Come and see Amrikan wonder!
Today, Saturday, is skincare and pampering day. I started out with my hair! Washed with my Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo and applied my Shea Moisture JBCO Masque all over my hair. – I talked about them here.
While the Masque was settling in, I placed a pan of boiling water under my face and covered my head with a towel. Steaming of life! Then, I applied the yummy Lianor Beauty Bar Vitamin X and Honey Mask with a brush allover my face. I talked about it here.
Now, to the koko… Shave time! Halfway through, I realised that I only had enough shaving cream for one leg. Lewl. Going around with 1 tuber of Yam and 1 sexy leg is not the goal now, is it?
Ran off to Google for a solution, and I found this :
How to use Coconut Oil as a shaving cream?
- Bathe – Yes, finish bathing first. Why? The water would have softened the hair significantly.
- Exfoliate – i used St. Ives Apricot Scrub (forever bae). Scrubbed all over the leg and rinsed off!
- Apply Coconut Oil – take a naiz helping of coconut oil (not too much biko, it is costly), apply all over the area to be shaved. Work it into the skin properly.
- Shave – Use shaving stick to remove the hair. I go against the grain when I shave i.e. In the opposite direction from where my hair grows. i.e. Upward strokes.
- Rinse Off – That’s all!
Yes, guys! I am here touching both legs and I honestly do not know why I just tried the coconut oil method.
Bye bye, smelly hair removal creams! Hello, Coconut Oil…
The moral of today’s lesson is this:
Hello Alaroros and Shopaholics Alike,
Weekends are for perfect in-depth skin care and it is essential that you have products that you enjoy using to make the experience fun fun fun.
I went grocery shopping a few weeks ago and I saw this L’Oreal PARIS Perfect Clean Foaming Gel Wash. I always feel like my regular wipes + coconut oil makeup removal method is inadequate and I try to wash off with a regular soap. Still doesn’t feel as squeaky clean as it should. I decided to pick this up.
Another selling point for me was the scrublet! Or, let’s be honest – it was the main attraction. I honestly wanted to feel it. I was not disappointed! So squeaky squeaky and soft. Loveeeeeeet!
How to use?
- Squeeze a little bit of the gel wash on the scrublet.
- Put scrublet to face and go round and round in circles – face and neck!
- Werk it till your face is squeaky clean!
I know the world has advanced beyond manual scrubbing brush type things to automated, battery-operated scrubs from as low as N2500 to as high as N30,000, or even more. This cutie patootie cost me N1800!
Will I buy it again? Now, that I have the scrublet, no. I’ll just change the wash when it finishes or use it with my regular Black Soap!
Would you buy this?
Discounts, Sales and new sources of income,
Good Morning World,
We are one nation on the interwebs, do you agree? If yes, pucker up ‘cos it is National Lipstick Day. This day was created by Huda Kattan, blogger turned businesswoman extraordinaire!
I love lipstick. I swear… I never liked it and then one day… bam! I couldn’t stop.
Anyway, I asked a few of my ladies to share their fav lippies with me and I hope you’ll share yours too…
Nice, Naughty and Nude
Pretty in Pink
Which of these lip colours do your connect with?
The current reigning champ of lipsticks is Coco of Albimazing who is currently running a #30Lippiesfor30Days campaign. She is serving major lipsssss of different price points, shades and textures. Check out her IG and enter her ongoing giveaway!
How are you celebrating #NationalLipstickDay? Take this quiz and share your answers below.
Cheers to Cupid’s Bows and Contoured Lips,
When my hair grows up, I want it to look like this…
Exactly a month ago, Shea Moisture had a launch in Nigeria and I went there to get hair products to solve my hair issues. A little bit of background about my hair…
I have natural hair – I have maintained a Teeny Weeny Afro for a couple of months. I go for a trim every two weeks, because I do not think I can handle having my hair grow longer. Why? My hair is TOUGH AF! No jokes. My hair is hard.
So, at the event I got a personal consultation and went on to buy 3 products in the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil range.
- Strengthen, Grow and Restore Shampoo
- Strenghten, Grow and Restore Treatment Masque
- Strenghten, Grow and Restore Leave in Conditioner
It has been one month since I started using these products and I have to admit that my hair is waaaaaaay softer than it used to be.
How do I use these Products?
- Masque all over hair + cover with a shower cap + sleep + wake up and wash with water + Leave in Conditioner (every 3 days or tbh, when i remember)
- Shampoo hair, rinse off + Leave in Conditioner (weekly)
- Wet my hair + apply Leave in Conditioner (daily)
Shea Moisture products are not cheap. Everything up there cost me approx N14,000 and that is even at 20% off the original price. The good thing about it is that I know I will get nothing less than 3 months from each product even with constant use. Maybe by then, I will have developed a special recipe of affordable, organic mixes for my hair. Till then, hairvestment on fleek!
My hair is softer and so much better to touch and comb. Next step, find how to style this TWA without breaking corporate rules…
Any tips for me?
Hello Beautiful People,
Affordable is my favourite word… I have however come to discover that it is, like a good number of adjectives, subjective. Add that to the current exchange rate and you’re left wondering what to do to…
Imagine my surprise when TheFashionEngineer tweeted about a 1kbeautymall. I had to see and try for myself.