Ladies and Gentlemen, Prepare your gift list(s)! NOW
If you’re like me and your November-December-January is heavy laden with birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries and more birthdays…
No, really. I am very excited!
Random: Receiving Gifts is my Number 1 Love Language. NOW YOU KNOW.
Soooo, here’s my step-by-step for the perfect giving this season –
- Make a list – Write down all the friends and family members who have been nice this year. The good thing about growing up is that, you reduce the number of gifts you give by labeling each gift THE SOMETHING-SOMETHING FAMILY. Ya, you guys are one now! ONE GIFT. *side-eye*
- Make a table – Add a column to your list for possible gift ideas for each person. Don’t limit gift ideas to products – you can pay for someone’s hair, get a massage deal e.t.c… Add another column for your chosen gift idea (this might take a while to arrive at). It might look something like this:
|Mary||Little Lamb, snow, Fleece||Lamb|
|Bo Beep||Sheep, Goat, Dog||Sheep|
|Mama||New Car, Washing Machine, New Shoes||*wails in what I can afford*|
- In selecting your main, consider three things:-
a. How much is it? Affordable?
b. Where are you going to get it? Available?
c. Will (s)he like it? Appreciatable? Yes.. I had to keep up with my motivationalspeakervibe.
If you answered yes to all 3, let’s get it. Yes, I said GET. You don’t have to “buy” every gift. Use your skills to bake a cake for that awesome friend who loves cake. Or, design and print an awesome card for your other friend. Do you have a friend that likes trad? Can you sew? Use your skills to cut cost.
- If you are buying, WHERE and WHEN are you buying?
a. Black Friday is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeee. Who are you buying from? -_-
b. You have your list. Are you a walk-in shopper? Are you an online-shopper? Find your comfort zone! I recommend combining both. The heartache of a cancelled online order can be mended via a walk-in.
c. Don’t just search for the cheapest things to buy (
not all the time, Price: Low To High), read the descriptions, fine prints etc… If possible, take screenshots (you might need ’em).
- Let me drop a few in-country links for you, as per kind and generous Alaroro Shopaholic…
- If you’re buying online, get the app! Apps send notifications before the mailing system does. I shopped a 90% off sale on one online store because, I got the app notification.
- Track the social media accounts of these stores – sale links also pop up there.
- Subscribe to the mailing lists of these stores – if possible, have a dedicated e-mail address for all your store subscriptions. This just helps you manage the info you receive.
- Know the average price of the product, before you jump on any jagajaga % OFF… Google is our friend, If you find a product you like, search for the current cost across the world, do your conversions and settle on a possible price range for purchase.
- Final Tip… Remember to get gifts that are Affordable, Available and Appreciatable – motivationalspeakervibes on FLEEK!
Trust meeeee, I will be buyingggggggggg! I love to buy.
Let’s make this holiday season special for our loved ones.