The weekend is here! What did you do with your election holiday? If you’re like me, you’re in bed (mentally) preparing to go out. If it’s your birthday, Happy Birthday! If you’re getting married, Happy Married Life! If you’re just being you and celebrating how special you are, Happy Being You Day!
Oftentimes, I get enquiries about where I “shop online” and to be honest, I’ve cut down on my shopping in the past few months. However, there are some stores that break through my Alaroro barrier once in a while (read: almost everyday) and it takes strength to not buy from these stores.
Their things are quality and affordable! How can I say no? Well, here’s my current list of affordable and alaroro friendly Instagram stores:
How’s it going?
You know how it’s getting closer to pay day and your mind starts wandering between Money Plans (a.k.a Budgets), Responsibilities and Wishlists? Yeah. Yeah. Well, I WANT WHAT I WANT!
So you want to give gifts, but you’re
broke or not that buoyant or rich In Jesus Name!
*sigh* Did anyone imagine that this year would get this bad? Well, when men say there’s a casting down, we will say there’s a lifting up! Right? Right???
Anyway, I believe gift giving is an art and everyone has the opportunity to be an artist. There is nothing more horrible than giving a thoughtless gift. Case in point: Office Secret Santa. Maaaan. What is the worst office Secret Santa gift you have ever seen/received?
Anyway, this is me helping you(r wallet) this Christmas…
TGIF takes a wonderful twist tomorrow, as the second best Friday of the year is barely 3 hours away. Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers! I say a big thank you on your behalf. Say a thank you prayer on behalf of the blog too.
So, here’s the scoop on the Nigerian Brands having major sales tomorrow. The more I find, the more I update with! Also, share with us in the comments section – the abscence of a Dom account will not stop the shopaholics from battling tomorrow!
The Alaroro’s Guide to shopping: Write your list and obey it with your life. If you pay 50% less for something you don’t need, you just lost that money to the world. Be sad. 😒😒😒
Make sure you compare prices! I can’t stress this enough.
- Sizelle Stores: Look, I really hope the site comes back up because you can’t afford to miss this sale. I got a big tub of Eco Styler Gel for N840! UNfreakingbelievable!
- A Woman’s Wants – This online fashion store has promised a huge discount tomorrow. You can also visit their store – it’s on Murtala Mohammed Way (after MRS or TOTAL)
- YAKATA – As the name implies, Konga Online Shopping Mall promises that prices will fall Yakata tomorrow. Do you believe it?
- JUMIA Black Friday -Jumia isn’t left behind either. More promises, but my experiences haven’t been all so fabulous. So, try? They promised Free Delivery too.
- DealDey – My most successful Black Friday experiences have been on DealDey. I mean, what can a site that offers discounted deals give? HEAVIER DISCOUNTS!
- A little Birdie said that Shop Maju may be giving up to 80% off their stock tomorrow. *squeals* Birthday dinner dress? Here. I. Come!
- Hair and Beauty? Natural Hair and Beauty to be precise? Hairfilliation is giving 20% off and an Instagram Flash Sale tomorrow!
- Shoes and Bags at affordable prices? Shoepify is your place.
- Debra’s Grace is giving a discount – 5% off 😫 However, it comes with Free Shipping, so yeah! Get in!
- Case Notes, owned by one of our faces, is letting you pre order dope cases at N2500. Get in!
- Hesey Designs is giving up to 30% off! Get it.
- Haute Signatures is giving up to 80% off! Get IN! Click the image below.
So, that’s it for now… Share more if you have.
Let’s go a-shopping!
We always say things like: “I don’t have enough clothes. No, really. I don’t”. The question I’ll ask you is this: How many clothing items do you own? Do you know? So, how do you know that you don’t have enough clothes?
Now, we know that you do not know. What should you do?
First, we redefine your style. So, let’s say the last time you went on a major clothing haul, you were in Uni and had no need for corporate wear (except, you went to CU, hi!).
What defines you now? Where do you spend most of your time? Do you have clothes to suit that activity? Case: You work 12 hours a day in a corporate environment, 6 days a week and you have more aso-ebi than work wear. Problem? Yes!
What next? Let’s get to work on your closet!
- Pick a day. Preferably a work-free, commitment-free day. For a lot of us, this is not Saturday. I pick Sunday though. I’m back from church at 8:30am, so I have the time!
- Arm yourself! A Notebook. Pen. Music. Let’s get to work.
- Bring out ALL your clothes – yes, even the ones in the laundry basket.
- Categorise your clothes! Tops, Bottoms, Accessories (Lingerie, Jewelry, Bags fall here) and Shoes. Yes guys, you can do this too!
- Start counting. Fill in each item under its respective category and you can tag with colour or style. For example, you can have under tops. 1 Ankara Halter Neck, 1 Black shirt.
- Would you buy any of your clothes now? If yes, how much? If you buy it, do you have something to pair it with? Answer all these questions for each item!
What’s next? Do the needful:
- Give away or Keep. Amend/Adjust items that still suit your style and are useful for your current phase in life, but give away everything that does not suit you or you will not wear! Keep the absolute necessities. For the items that are definite NOs, find something useful to do with them! P.S ChristmasOnTheStreetZ is coming soon, so feel free to donate clothes!
- Hang your clothes. Lesson Learned. Hanging helps. It is easier to remember what you have when your clothes are hung. Folded clothes/clothes in boxes are very very easy to forget.
- You need as many basics or staples as you can afford. You need a black pencil skirt much more than you need that Sky Blue Bodycon Zip hip-serving Skirt. The Grey pumps are more important than the yellow ones right now. These basics give you room to create as many looks and styles as possible. Why? They go with everything. I’m not asking you to go all Shirley-esque with that sexy minimalist style, especially if that’s not your style. Just make sure you know how to do 1+1 with your style, before you enter Almighty Formula.
- Do this regularly. It guides your spending habits and puts your whole life in order.
This Alaroro Shopaholic life ehn…
Half Hugs, Air Kisses and Discounts,
Read: The Thanksgiving Post
| on Entreneurship: Spotlight on my girl Dems!
| on Reading: Review of the Book: The Smart Money Woman
| on Beauty: Review of this mud mask I am loving.
Guess who’s been shopping? Well, not really. Anything I buy now must pertain to the Wedding or it is deemed irrelevant. Well lucky for me, I bought this the week before the question was asked. One month already? Well, we are already four years into forever… *huge grin*
What kind of Shopaholic would I be if I don’t share my most recent haul with you?
Ho Ho Ho! Merrrrrrry Christmas! Not yet, but it is 3 months and 10 days to Christmas day! The best part of this season is sharing love and giving to others, because we received the best gift ever. See John 3:16 for further explanation. *huge grin*
Is it too early to start preparing for the holidays? No! In fact, it is best to prepare ahead. Money is expensive these days. Yes, I said that! So, to still be the loving giver that you are, you need to plan accordingly. To help you do this, I’ve got 5 tips and you know what we need: A notebook and a pen! Let’s get started:
- List all recipients: Write a list of all your loved ones and the special people in your life. Family, Friends and don’t forget your Colleagues – especially the ones that have been helpful to your career this year. I know some of us wish we were Santa Claus, but even Santa is selective in giving gifts: Remember, the naughty or nice clause?
- Write 3 gift ideas per person: Tag each person with possible gift ideas i.e. If you had all the money in the world, what would you give this person. I’d like to buy my Mama a Lexus, but since that it’s not possible yet, what can I give her? It is still early, so you can ask questions like: what do you want for Christmas? Ask what they need to.
- Money Plan: After tagging gifts, prepare a budget. How much will this cost me (lowest possible cost and highest possible cost)? Yes, this is going to guide you and your actions. Giving gifts is great, but you still have to eat, live and save. Total it up and weigh it against your regular expenses, will you be able to afford it? If not, can you start saving towards giving? How much do you have to set aside every month to give good gifts this year?
- Start saving up: Yes, don’t waste any time. Readjust your budget to suit this plan and make sure you have not overdone it. You’ve got September, October, November and December (pay-day comes early in December abi?). Adjust your current Money Plan to suit your Christmas giving plan. For example: To give all the gifts she intends to, Adesuwa needs a total of N60,000. If she starts now, she has 4 months to save up without killing her current living expenses. This means she needs to find where to cut out at least N15,000 every month from her current money plan. This is at least 10% of her income every month for each of those months. Can she do it?
- Start buying the little things: Things like Christmas Cards and/or decor will start getting more expensive as the season draws close. You might one to get on those quickly! Or, you can gift your nice boss this cute tabletop Christmas tree, ahead of the holidays.
Remember the less-privileged: This is very key. Jesus is the reason for the season and he came to give us the greatest gift of all. In this same vein – 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you must give what you have decided in your heart, not with regret or under compulsion, since God loves a cheerful giver. Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work. To do this, look out for #ChristmasOnTheStreetZ discussions and follow Ada D Body! You can also start giving today with the AThousand1000 fam!
Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll touch on possible gift ideas for all the wonderful people in your life, but for now: Start your list!
Discounts, Bonuses and Unexpected Credit Alerts,