Happy Love Week!
Today, we have a feature post from our dear Metrogypsie – Blogger Inspiration of Life! She is really great person and we met early last year and she vlogged about our shopping experience together at Zazaii here:
Anyway, let’s get into the post! From here on it’s Stephanie (Metrogypsie) speaking…
Tomorrow is Valentine’s day! Are you ready?
Two, to tell you that there is a Red Lippie for you out there, just keep searching. lol.
So, I asked a question on Twitter and I got a few responses:
Can you tell me what your favourite red lipstick is? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.❤️
— TheAlaroroShopaholic (@SisiSugar) February 7, 2017
and I got the following responses…
@SisiSugar Ruby Woo definitely
— Coco Ché (@Anee_Uche) February 7, 2017
@SisiSugar box by illamasqua. Basically a Ruby woo that goes on easier.
— Baldilocks (@t3niola) February 7, 2017
So many different options!
I want to share one of my fav Matte Lipstains from last year, that served me really well! It is the Ruby Kisses Matte Lip Lacquer in RML 09 Ruby.
Yesss, I am cheesy enough to take my photos wearing it in front of a Red Wall. Az pa, falantine babe.
Let me know what your fav red lippie is in the comments below. Also, how are you spending Valentine’s day this year?
Happy Red Day in advance.
Love and Light,
Chaos or Peace?
Bedlam or Heaven?
Try not to freak out.
Hopefully, you and your partner have been talking marriage before today and the question did not spring up on you suddenly. If yes, well Congratulations! If no, well… Congratulations!
If you’re like me with less than a year to plan a beautiful wedding, here’s a chair, let’s bawl together.
I am 5 Months in — 1 year of active discussion with both families so, this was a formality. I shared the details of Ade Mi’s proposal here. A really really really important formality. Anyhoo, enough of the drama and let’s get into it!
After your engagement, what should you do?
So far, we have been through 3 exercises that have brought us to our Goals for 2017 and even, the rest of our lives. What kind of goals did you set? Do you want to know how you can achieve them? Well, that’s what this post about. Giving you tips to help you achieve your goals.
Let’s get into it:
Hey Hey Hey!
You made it to Part 3! Congratulations!
Now, we want to group, prioritize and set goals along those lines. I want you to use exercise 2 to define your goals for 2017. Now, this exercise is for short term goal setting to build the foundation for the Long Term Goals and/or roles you desire to play.
Get your notebook, pen and lots of water. Are you ready?
You might be wondering why we started these series with Roles, instead of defining ourselves first. Well, a lot of us are defined by the roles we play and instead of us getting all tangled up and confused about roles and who we really are, we decided to kill the roles first. If you haven’t done the first exercise, CLICK HERE now!
Now, this next exercise builds off of the Wheel of Life concept where we look at all the areas of our lives to see if we are “balanced”. Now, the question is, does anyone ever attain full balance in all areas of their lives? You tell me after you take this exercise.
Remember your notebook?! lets get back to it!
Answer the below questions as honestly as you possibly can. Let’s play ten-ten.
again and gain, Happy New Year!
It is 2017, can you believe it?! In my last post, I shared with you my personal theme for the year, which is “2017: My Year of Establishment. Preparation for Expansion” and a review of how the previous year was. Click here to read this post for more details.
One major key to ensuring this Establishment is to be honest about where I am and put in focus where I need to be so that I can eventually set tangible, trackable goals.
If there’s anything I want you to do this year, it is succeed. One of the gifts I received in 2015 was a phone session with Sisi on a Budget. I am Paying it Forward by sharing with you how you can take stock of who you are and prepare for 2017.
Eyin ara adugbo (neighbours , or O ye people of the neighbourhood), Happy New Year!!!
How was 2016? I know I am 11 days late, but do you know we have used up nearly 3% of the year 2017? Hahaha! Haha! Ha!
I am here to give thanks and take stock and here goes…
The Beginning – Life
In 2015, I declared that 2016 would be an intentional year. Intentional Living and everything… *chuckle*. One of the gifts I received towards the end of the year was a phone session I had with the lovely Sisi on a Budget. It directed my intentional living and I was able to set Intentional goals. It was not 100% positive, but I know the bulk of it was intentional.
The year 2016 was a major eye-opener for me to the true meaning of family. My parents and I got along better and we treated each other with respect. There was heat. There was ice. The undercurrent of it all was love. We found ways to express our love better and in the end, keep your nuclear family close.
Did you know that I belong to a Family of Friends? lol. Something major happened to my FOF in 2016 into 2017: 3 couples getting married this year!!! It is such a big deal – because who is going to help who manage what??? LOL! We are so blessed to be going through this phase with our FOF and we know God will take us through.
In addition to the existing blessings I have, I got 2 new friends. I never really saw it coming. For someone who actively tries to draw the line between work and life, these two women found their way into my personal space. I am grateful for them.
Yes, I got engaged! One of the most meaningful days of the year. The engagement was well thought out and I was really glad to have my family there to support us. Here’s to forever.
After weeks of family drama (family members get offended if you do not take your intended to go and visit them – one after the other. Be prepared), we had our Introduction and it was beautiful.
The Work of My Hands
Work was really really engaging between January and September last year. I was involved in two major projects and it was such a great feeling to be a part of something. I also got my first work award – a reward for Excellence *twerks*. It was a team award and I am so happy we got it!
A Thousand 1000 was a major part of my life last year. There were opportunities to give last year and there were many times I wished I could do more, but it got better and better and better. I am grateful to God for blessing me to be a blessing. Here’s to a more generous 2017.
No, not so much. I did not do as much work here. 2017 has to be better. Starting with settling into service again. Kickstarted the year with the book of Proverbs. It is Day 11, you can still get in on it.
It got better in 2016. Less hospital visits. No hospital admission… Let somebody shout Hallelujah! My mental health was tested many times in 2016, I need to be more deliberate about me in 2017.
Guess who became debt-free in 2016?! Me-oh-me! I am so grateful to God! Ended the year with barely there savings, but all for good causes! We are starting 2017 with a big-bang!
– I have always been very paranoid about travelling within Nigeria and for some reason I never got around to doing it by myself, for myself. Well, work took me out of my shell and I visited 7-9 States in Nigeria this year. Alone and Proud!
The New Beginning
At the crossover service, I kept thinking about the theme my year would personally exhibit. As a member of a church, our theme this year is “The Year of extreme Godliness”. Godliness is our corporate goal. What would my personal goal be? Last year, I wanted to live an intentional life. I worked at it, fell off the wagon multiple times – but I cannot deny the evidence of that theme in my personal life. So, when I was going to put up my Instagram (thealaroro) Happy New Year post, the words that dropped in my heart were: “My Year of Establishment. Preparation for Expansion” Oh, what joy! I will be getting married this year, getting promoted God Willing, changing paths – all in all, I will be established this year! It is such a great thing to receive confirmation via the word of God. Now, seeing this scripture: Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. This is the goal. This is the aim. Wishing you a blessed 2017! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Compliments of the season to you and you and you. What did you get up to this Christmas? I did not attend any carol service per se, but I went to church on Christmas Day and we sang carols.
On the 26th of December, I woke up and the world was freezing and dusty and hella dry and it hit me… the Harmattan we thought was hit by the recession was here. Oh, this was also the day of my introduction, so Congratulations to me and mine! A huge komkom of thanks to our family for showing up and supporting us.
Okay. So, back to today’s discussion. The regular characteristics of this season – dry lips, injuries that hurt like hell and do not heal (fam), here’s a list of things you can do to help out this season!
- Drink Water – You should be drinking at least 6 pure water sachets a day. Least o. If you have a big 2 litre jug, fill it up and keep it where you can see it. Challenge yourself to drink up to 3 litres of water a day, you can do it! Click the image to read | 6 Reasons To Drink More Water
- Eat Water – For some people, drinking water can be stressful in the beginning. That’s fine and normal, but you do need water. So, what is the alternative? Eat water. Do you know the foods that have high water content? Watermelon (Obvs) – Cucumber – Tomatoes – Apples – Pineapples – Baby Carrots. You can eat your water and have it!
- VitaminUp! Particularly Vitamin C – You need to boost your immunity, fam! This weather does not play – sharing the flu like party pack and you don’t want that party pack. You gotta reject it. Back to sender. A lot of the fruits above have Vitamin C, but you can prep your eggs with a lot of Tatashe and Green Pepper to get that boost. Dark leafy greens also have vitamin C, so get your vegetable smoothies and soups on!
- Move More – It feels like my bones are dying just sitting at work or just being cuddled up in bed. You need to move it move it! Walk more. Use the stairs. Stretch! Stretch!! Stretch!!! Click King Julien to get a list of stretches you can do at your desk!
- MOISTURISE – No matter who you are, you need to rub oil on your body fam. I mean, you don’t want to go around looking like this guy… Moisturisers to get you through this trying time include: Coconut Oil, Hairfilliation Ori-Coco Whipped Body Butter and Abebi Organics Palm Kernel Body Mix. Right now, my end-of-day routine includes wiping my makeup off with Baby Wipes and Coconut Oil and washing my face with Black Soap. After my bath, I do not dry my body o. That’s when I slather my whole body with Coconut Oil. Head – To – Toe. Fam. Coconut Oil is THE best. Closely followed by Shea Butter. Rub everywhere. Mrs. O says you should wear socks after oiling your feet (you can also use vaseline) to protect your heels from cracking. After your bath in the morning, moisturise! When you wash your hands at work, moisturise. For my hair, I have a mix of Glycerin + Water + Coconut Oil that gives my hair the moisture it needs! Moisturise your lips too! You can moisturise your lips with Shea butter and coconut oil, or just purchase a handy lip balm like this:
You need to protect yourself. Take care of your insides, your skin, your hair. You can still look flawless in the Harmattan season. Just make sure you are well oiled and the weather will do the rest!
Do you know that the words in Purple are links to awesome content that you will enjoy?
Live, Laugh and Love.