I’ve been working for about 5+ years now, and I recently started thinking about all the times I had ever complained about my work, earnings and life in general. Work here refers to your job, business(es), hustle(s) or whatever brings you money.
Get a notebook and a pen and answer the following questions with me:
- How long ago did you start working?
- How much have you earned since you started working? What percentage of that do you have currently? What percentage of that do you have tucked away for the rainy day?
- How much will you earn in your lifetime, God-willing? What percentage of that would you like to have as your net worth i.e, (what you would have in cash if you sell every significant possession, add your akant balances and pay off all of your debts)
- If we do this exercise next year, what would you want your answers to be?
If you start thinking of your earnings like this, what will change about your spending habits right now?
I am not talking to you from a place oversabi or overhave, I recently answered these questions and I caught a spiritual cold. Like, Girl! WTF have you been doing? I’ll tell you what: complaining. “Oh, it’s not enough” or “I have too many commitments” or “Why am I anxious of tomorrow?”…
- You need to be in control of your money.
- It is never too late to start.
I’ll have a more detailed review of these books up soon, but remember to answer those questions and get to work. How? You can read this post about why you need a money plan and how to get started or just start with this tip:
Today, I commit to putting aside 10% of everything I earn, because I know my seasons and I have the good sense and ability to prepare for Winter, so help me God.
Have a blessed night!
Sales, Discounts and multiple streams of income,