My shopaholic side has been viciously silenced and I do not even have the financial strength to unzip her mouth. If it was not planned for, a want not a need – not very interested. I mean, my birthday is coming soon (17+ days) and I am seriously reconsidering my small chops budget, because eez it by force?
So, I don’t know if anyone has asked you recently: How’s it going for you? Faithing it? Winging it? Coasting? or Balling on another level? This is a big big giant hug for you. Whichever one it is, I pray it will only get better and better!
So, what practical tips can I give you for this time?
– Review your Money Plan: Let us be realistic. If you had a 2k per week budget for food, what will it buy you now? If transportation has increased, why are you suffering yourself? Take a look at your environment and update your possible expense list to enable you to adjust your budget. If you have never had a budget, now might just be the time to get on the Financially Fit bandwagon! This post on Money Plans can guide you.
– Get ready to cut back on the nice-to-haves: The increment in cost of living, means that some jara has to ja kuro or be replaced. Turn up? Is it necessary? If yes, can you and your friends split costs? If not, can you afford it? If not, what are you doing? If you must turn up, make that a line in your budget and stick to it!
– Actively search for deals: Make it a priority to always look for better prices. I am currently planning a wedding: mine to be precise and the cost of things has me considering elopement. A few questions are helping me: Do I need a big name vendor? Can I get a vendor who may just be starting out, but offers good quality work? Can I pay for my sister/cousin/mentee to learn a particular skill and have him/her work with me on my Big Day? I mean, we can practice practice practice till we get it right! On regular kitchen matters, Gizzard and Turkey are kukuma the same price per kilo now and there are no bones in gizzard (the 1kg is really 1kg) and you can get more pieces. Who 1kg of Turkey epp?
– Increase your savings: Viv, are you joking? No, I am not. Now is the time to save more. Yes, the ant saves up food in the summer in preparation for the winter and I know it feels like winter right now, but we do not if it will get colder or warmer economically. So, we need to be prepared.
– Give – As e hard for you, na in e tough for your neighbour. Look around you. Really look and see. Someone out there needs your help. Don’t go far. Observe your neighbours: those who live alone, or have a lot of children e.t.c. Help someone out. A mini-bag of rice, 10 packs of Indomie, a carton, even if it is one… Your little can mean a whole lot to someone. You can also join the A Thousand 1000 family and donate to ChristmasOnTheStreetZ this year.
We will make it, right? I have hope and I have faith.
| On Money: How do I budget? and Emergency: God Forbid!
| On Reading: Review Of The Book: The Smart Money Woman
| On Beauty: Review Of This Mud Mask I Am Loving.